Top Tips for Your
Daily Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin
Dry skin requires special care, which is why daily skin care routine for dry skin is important. Practicing a daily skin care habit is an effective way to acquire and maintain a healthy skin. However, this kind of lifestyle can make it quite difficult today for people to achieve a radiant skin free of various diseases. A variety of factors is responsible for this.
Causes of Dry Skin
Dry skin is primarily a result of several factors such as loss of moisture from the skin surface. The result can be the effect of weather conditions, exposure to dust, pollution, and harmful UV rays, insufficient water consumption, too much air-conditioning, and excessive usage of cosmetics and chemical products. Pregnancy and certain skin problems can also cause dry skin.
Skin Care Routines for Dry Sensitive Skin
Dry skin looks dull and lifeless if you do not handle it properly. While maintaining a skin care routine for dry skin, it is important to be careful in the products you use. Otherwise, these products could bring more damage to your skin. Follow the tips given below for the best skin care routine for dry sensitive skin:
- • Cleanse - When it comes to dry skin, cleansing once every day is enough to get rid of the accumulated dirt. A dry, sensitive skin cleanser can clean the skin without causing irritation and stripping off the moisture. Use a creamy cleanser that is Soap-free and fragrance-free if your skin is dry and sensitive. Use it before going to bed, wash your face with the cleanser thoroughly as part of your daily routine. Make sure you rinse it with cool water.
- • Moisturise - Use a moisturiser on your face at least thrice a day to keep the skin hydrated and to avoid tightness and roughness of the facial skin. Look for beauty essential oils that contain coconut, avocado, sunflower, olive, almond, or jasmine, as they all give a moisturising effect to the skin. This daily skin care routine helps keep your complexion look healthy and young.
- • Facial Mask - Applying a facial mask is also another great additional benefit to your routine, in which it helps rejuvenate the skin and makes it smooth. Prepare a facial mask by mixing a teaspoon of honey, one ripe mashed banana, a tablespoon of yogurt, and one ripe mashed avocado. Apply this particular paste on your face. Allow it to dry before washing it off with cool water.
- • Exfoliate - The method for exfoliating your dry, sensitive skin includes using a slightly abrasive cleaner like a loofah or sponge. You may also use an exfoliating product that is suitable for your skin! However always remember to use natural products! Always to try and remember to use a gentle cleanser when doing your exfoliation for your skin care routine. Also, do not exfoliate your sensitive skin more than twice a week, as you don’t want to wash away natural & essential oils that your body produces!
As you are establishing your own daily skin care routine for dry skin, it is also essential to prevent this by helping your body along the way. Below are some basic solutions:
- • The first step to take is to consume the right amount of water that is required daily. Most studies suggest 2-3L per day! Incorporating this dry skin care routine with a high intake of fruit and vegetable juices will do wonders for your skin!
- • Use only natural skin care products for your skin care routine and avoid using harsh cosmetics and beauty products. We may be biased, but natural is simply the best!
- • It is advised to use mineral water to cleanse your face and body. Water tends to dry out the skin further, and may also irritate the skin. We help many people with eczema, psoriasis & dermatitis and one of the most common aggravators of their skin is a steamy hot shower!
- • Eat lots of fish, flax seeds, and other foods that contain vitamin E to achieve healthy-looking skin. We developed our Mega Oil for this exact reason! You have to treat the skin internally and externally!
- • If your skin is exceptionally dry, use a day face cream and a night face cream every day. It helps your skin to stay hydrated all the time!
- • Use lukewarm water in washing your face as a way to prevent cracks and dryness on the skin.
- • Increase the level of humidity in your home to avoid experiencing dry skin. We suggest a a humidifier for this particular purpose.
- • Avoid using strong facial scrubs and toners. These kinds of products can just aggravate your skin even more. Some of the chemicals in these products actually do more harm than good!
The skin is considered the largest organ of the body. In fact, it is your first line of defense against certain illnesses and infections. It goes without saying that it is important to follow a daily skin routine. The tips above can help you prevent skin dryness and maintain a healthy, soft, and glowing skin.